The current USQ Student Guild is the Danny Clifford Bursaries. Which are designed to provide a “kick start” to students who need a little help getting started on their studies or are currently studying but need some help getting back or keeping on track.
Each semester, USQ Student Guild will award up to a maximum of 3 Danny Clifford Bursaries, with a value of up to $1000 each to selected USQ students.
The USQ Student Guild Danny Clifford Bursaries are to recognise Danny’s effort and contribution to the USQ Student Guild community.
Danny joined the Board of USQ Student Guild in 2009 and served as its Chair until he retired in 2015. Danny provided stewardship and maintained a positive, inclusive process to enable the USQ Student Guild to rejuvenate through a period of financial difficulty.
Each bursary will have a maximum value of $1000.
Bursaries can assist with funding for:
- Setting up a study space (e.g. desk, chair etc.)
- Books and materials
- Internet set up and associated equipment
- Travelling to study on campus or residential schools
- Family support (e.g. babysitting, day care etc.)
- Purchasing programs required for your studies
- Assist with the costs of Residential School accommodation or travel
- Assist with the cost of Practical Placements accommodation or travel
To be eligible, students must:
- Be continuing their USQ studies in Semester 1, 2018;
- Be enrolled in a minimum of one USQ subject in Semester 1, 2018;
- Have completed at least 2 semesters at USQ, including Semester 2 2017;
- Be continuing your studies in Semester 1 2018;
- Provide a copy of their unofficial academic transcript dated no earlier than 12th March 2018;
- Provide a current Resume;
- Agree to the Terms and Conditions as stipulated.
To be eligible, applicants must also demonstrate:
- How this bursary would assist in their academic and personal life
- Involvement in their community
- Commitment towards academic achievement
- Participation in extra-curricular activities
Applications will open at 6:00 pm on Friday 23rd March 2017; and will close on Friday the 27th April.
It is predicted that interviews will occur between Monday the 30th of April and Wednesday the 9th of May 2018 for those students who are shortlisted; though this is subject to change depending on application numbers.
The Danny Clifford Bursary Allowed me to fund care for my children on a more regular basis, which during a tumultuous year involving a chronic medical condition meant I could spend full days at the University rather than having to juggle classes and medical appointments and rush home to be with my children. It allowed me to focus my studies, rather than on financial stress, and achieve my goal of increasing my GPA over two semesters.
Since receiving the bursary I have returned from part-time studies to full-time studies and was able to purchase a Surface Pro 4 computer with music composition software. This purchase will enable me to advance my digital literacy for music teaching studies at USQ and on practicum. I would like to thank the Student Guild for their support.
Our other 2016 recipients included:
- Deanne LaRoache
- Ahamed Asraz Aslam Cassim
- Rula Khaled Almadaha
- Dean Cooper
The Terms and Conditions for the 2018 USQ Student Guild Bursaries are as follows:
- The USQ Student Guild reserves their right to alter the conditions of the bursary based on exceptional circumstances.
- The USQ Student Guild reserves the right not to award the bursary in any given year and reserves the right to alter the number of recipients in any given year at their sole and unfettered discretion.
- In the submission of an application for the USQ Student Guild Bursaries, you agree that you have read and accepted all the conditions contained within and that you have authority to submit such application.
- Upon acceptance of a USQ Student Guild Bursary, you hereby give the USQ Student Guild permission to use your details including name, program enrolment, photograph, video, and Bursary awarded on any media platform including both social media and print for promotional and archival purposes. Such platforms include the Student Guild’s website, social media channels, annual reports, print and electronic media. You also provide your expressed permission for the USQ Student Guild to provide these details to partner organisations or the media. If you do not wish for your details to be passed on to media or used for promotional purposes, you must notify the USQ Student Guild in writing.
- Upon acceptance of a Bursary, you agree to provide a testimony as to the assistance said bursary provided you within 14 days of the request of the USQ Student Guild.
- The USQ Student Guild agrees that the use of photographs, testimonies or videos shall only be used for official Student Guild Business. The recipients of the bursaries waive the right to inspect or approve any finished product which may be used in connection with the official business of the USQ Student Guild.
- You agree and acknowledge that it is your responsibility to provide all necessary information and documentation to support your application and understand that if your application does not have the required information and documentation that it may not be considered for the bursary.
- You confirm that your application is true and correct to the best of your knowledge and belief.
- You confirm that you meet the required eligibility as listed on the USQ Student Guild Website.
- You agree that the information provided will be shared with staff involved in the selection process.
- You understand that the provision of false or misleading information is an offence under the Criminal Code Act 1995 (Commonwealth).
Applications for 2018 Semester 1 Danny Clifford Bursary are now closed.
For More information about the Danny Clifford Bursaries, please contact the USQ Student Guild Advocacy Office.
Phone: 1800 076 301